You can navigate to sixth Para for Open Source Ecommerce; only if you are familiar with Ecommerce else you can continue with reading. Options are large enough to design and develop an Ecommerce Website. Since the evolution of an ecommerce, it has been mounting worldwide. In the beginning the platforms were very poor and it can not able to hold up to large products. It was look like a typical website. Ever-increasing its capability to handle large no. of products has opened numerous opportunities for small businesses across the globe. Countries like USA and UK lead top ecommerce businesses on the whole. It’s not only the reason that People from these countries prefer online shopping; it’s also about their contribution into the growth of e-Commerce.
Website is the medium to go your business online. E-commerce is a sort of website that typically known as an online store or online shop or outlet. Generally retailers have no plan what platform has vital to build an ecommerce website; thus they have to consult a professional ecommerce website developer. An Ecommerce Consultant can give an advice to which platform go well with their business products to be sold on.
Depending on the products, you can decide an option to develop an e-commerce store for your business to bring into being.
We figured out the three ways and each has its own significance, features and benefits:
- Storefronts (Yahoo Store, eBay Store Design, Amazon Webstore, etc.)
- Programming Languages (Asp.Net, PHP and Java)
- Open Source Platform (Magento Ecommerce, Zen Cart, osCommerce, etc.)
We are here to talk in more about Open Source Ecommerce Solutions. Click on Storefronts and Programming Languages for Ecommerce Development, to get an idea of what features and benefits they offer to you as well as to the customers.
Ok, Ydeveloper has recently added a new page in Ydeveloper.com – it’s about Open Source Customization. If you do not know what it means, then it says free resources to design and develop an e-commerce outlet. Not to worry if you are not familiar with how a store can be managed. How shopping cart works, how inventory can be handled? These are all areas you can customize according to your requirement.
There are two benefits of using an open source platforms, first it saves time and money and next it is more cost effective.
Other benefits are as follows:
- Solutions provide right to modify it
- Integrate third party software and apps to make it more advance
- Reduces development time and cost up to 40%
- Technical support for maintenance and enhancement
- Customizing templates
- Availability of large pool of source code over the internet
When you search for list of best open source e-commerce platforms, you get confused. After a small research, you can’t come up with a solution that you can use for your business.
Find which platform best fits for each requirement as follows:
- For CMS and Blogging – Drupal, Joomla and WordPress
- For Shopping Cart Solution – X-Cart, AbleCommerce, Asp.Net Storefront
- For Store Management – Zen Cart, osCommerce, Magento
- For Web Application Framework – Ruby on Rails, CakePHP
- For Forums – phpBB
Share your practical experience, if you have ever used anyone of an above open source eCommerce environment, about its use, flexibility, seo friendliness, etc.